Re: DINOSAUR digest 1347

Jordan opines:

> Bambiraptor is
>quite a memorable name (as compared to Micropachycephalosaurus).

Disagree. If you have any Latin at all, Micropachycephalosaurus is
perfectly memorable because it is descriptive. Yes, it's a long word; that
should not make it less memorable, though I admit it's less convenient.

Bambiraptor is memorable, to be blunt, because it's DUMB.

Yes, there's a history of taxonomic humor, and senses of humor vary, but
Bambiraptor isn't wit; it's an exploding cigar. I can sympathize with
workers who might set out deliberately to sink the name for that reason
alone . . .

 Steve Jackson - yes, of SJ Games - yes, we won the Secret Service case
  Learn Web or die - http://www.sjgames.com/ - dinosaurs, Lego, Kahlua!
          The heck with PGP keys; finger for Geek Code. Fnord.