Re: Bambiraptor

Toby White wrote:

>>No name is dumb when it thanks those that made it financially, physically
or politically possible to get the bones out.  Descriptive names are easier
on the scientists, but it would be ungrateful as well as foolish to forget
the folks who make it possible to do the science.<<

No one (at least no one I've read) has written here that the species name is
problematic. It isn't. _feinbergi_ is a fair and scientifically appropriate
tribute to the boy who discovered the skeleton. But, as far as I can tell,
Bambi played no role in the recovery of this fossil and so deserves no credit.

Caitlin R. Kiernan