Re: Bambiraptor

Jaime A. Headden wrote:

>>*B. feibbergi* honors, on the species, an investor
and the owner and financial backbone of the project to
describe and control this potentially important fossil
specimen<<

My mistake. I had it in my head that Feinberg was the sir name of the child
that made the find, but that was, of course, Wes Linster. So . . . in this
case the species name honors the person who bought the fossil from its
discoverer, not the discoverer himself.

Something that I haven't seen addressed here is what the fossils ultimate
fate is likely to be. I assume that Feinberg retains legal ownership, which
means he retains legal ownership of a generic holotype, a far from desirable
situation.

Caitlin R. Kiernan