Re: Pre-archosaur...was : What came before Eoraptor?

In a message dated 4/11/2000 3:48:37 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
larryf@capital.net writes:

> Many of the prolacertilians seem all but "quadrupedal and sprawling".

Read my original post.  I did not say that prolacertilians were quadrupedal
and sprawling.  I said that basal archosaurs (which are more closely related
to dinosaurs than prolacertilians are) were quadrupedal and sprawling, which
implies that any advanced locomotory characteristics seen in dinosaurs and
prolacertilians were most likely derived independently from a quadrupedal,
sprawling condition.

Nick Pharris