Dinosaur Genera List corrections #135

Thanks to correspondent Gerhard Maier, the second dinosaur of the year 2000
enters the Dinosaur Genera List as #880:

Tendaguria Bonaparte, Heinrich & Wild, 2000

Bonaparte, J. F., Heinrich, W.-D. & Wild R., 2000. "Review of _Janenschia_
Wild, with the description of a new sauropod from the Tendaguru beds of
Tanzania and a discussion on the systematic value of procoelous caudal
vertebrae in the Sauropoda," Palaeontographica A 256: 25?76 [March 2000].

It belongs in a new family, Tendaguriidae, also described in the paper, and
it is a sauropod based on anterior dorsal vertebrae; age is Kimmeridgian,
probably from Upper Saurian Bed at Tendaguru. I haven't seen the paper yet,
so I don't know where the new family may fit into Sauropoda.

Also to the list of African dinosaur species we add:

Tendaguria Bonaparte, Heinrich & Wild, 2000
    T. tanzaniensis Bonaparte, Heinrich & Wild, 2000?

Up-to-date lists of all dinosaur species by continent (six lists altogether)
are available from me by e-mail request (specify PC or Mac). Files are in
WordPerfect 6.1 and do contain occasional special characters that may fail to
transmit correctly across platforms. I will shortly publish an illustrated,
printed version of these files as Mesozoic Meanderings #3 (not to be confused
with Mesozoic Meanderings #2 third edition). The files may also be downloaded
from T. Mike Keesey's Dinosauricon website at

http://dinosaur.umbc.edu/taxa/index.html

Allow a day or two for me to add this latest genus and species to the African
species file.

Some new Chinese genera and species will be added to the Dinosaur Genera List
and Asiatic dinosaur species list in the next week or two.