Re: skin decoration Vs feather decoration in predatory archosaurs

>>    Another train of thought: it's not only in Archhosauria that we see
juveniles with bold patterns and bright colors growing into adults who are
drab. This pattern of ontogeny is also very common in squamates: Komodos may
be dull looking as adults, but the babies are as brightly patterned as any
monitor. A hatchling kingsnake could knock your eyes out, but, even among
the brilliantly colored "tricolor milksnakes", the adults are often
described as "blackish".<<

I noticed that too.  In fact smaller animals (especialy birds and reptiles) are
more colorful than larger ones.  I wonder what signifigance that has.

Dan