Are dinosaurs reptiles?

  Yes one of those simple questions that I have a hard time answering without
boring the heck out of  everyone.  So, I thought I'd leave it up to the
experts, who have probably answered this question to droves of school children
in simple language.  The kind of simple language that would be good for a TV
special aimed at a very general audience.  Sometimes knowing a lot about a
subject makes the simplest question difficult.  And I thought I'd never need
that "Handy Answers" book...shame,shame,shame.
  Dave