State Fossils

Hey,
As some of you loyal Fossil News readers may know, I have begun a lengthy
project on state fossils.  About 40 states have designated official 'state
fossils,' including a bunch of dinosaurs and a whole lot of oddball stuff like
rare corals, crinoids, brachiopods, petrified wood, fish, footprints, plants,
sea scorpions, and my favorite, Illinois' Tully Monster.

My question is this: several states do not have official state fossils (as far
as I know). These states are: Arkansas, Hawaii, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa,
Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, New H ampshire, North Carolina, Rhode
Island, and South Carolina. Do any of you know of official state fossils of
these states, and if so, could you please pass them along to me?  Thanks a lot!

Steve
---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct