Re: State Fossils

----- Original Message -----
From: Steve Brusatte <dinoland@mailcity.com>
To: <dinosaur@usc.edu>
Sent: Saturday, April 15, 2000 4:53 PM
Subject: State Fossils

> Hey,
> As some of you loyal Fossil News readers may know, I have begun a lengthy
project on state fossils.  About 40 states have designated official 'state
fossils,' including a bunch of dinosaurs and a whole lot of oddball stuff
like rare corals, crinoids, brachiopods, petrified wood, fish, footprints,
plants, sea scorpions, and my favorite, Illinois' Tully Monster.

> My question is this: several states do not have official state fossils (as
far as I know). These states are: Arkansas, Hawaii, Kansas, Indiana, Iowa,
Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma, Oregon, New H ampshire, North Carolina, Rhode
Island, and South Carolina. Do any of you know of official state fossils of
these states, and if so, could you please pass them along to me?  Thanks a
lot!

> Steve

would Hawaii even have a state fossil...?
I'm not an expert, just a lurker, and I wouldn't think there would be many
fossils on any of the islands.
Sorry to sound too ignorant...just curious.

Cheyenne
ducky@comnet.ca