Re: State Fossils

Well, as long ago as 1991 Storrs L. Olson and Helen F. James mentioned about
32 new bird species from Hawaii, all long extinct, but I don't know wether
you would count them as fossils, because there not that mesozoic or even
tertiairy. I would say Hawaii has its fossil record! Don't wether they
recommended any of their fossils as 'State Fossis'.

Fred Ruhe