strange question

Dear knowledgeble list-members,

Last night I was just thinking and wondering about the differences between
various kinds of animals and their energy needs. Ofcourse I also ended up
thinking about dinosaurs. Before I make a fool out of myself (most of the time
I seem to do that on a
regular basis; ask my friends, or even better, girlfriend) and post one of my
'new' theories I need an answer to the next question:
 - do coldblooded animals need the same amount of sleep/rest as warmblooded
animals do? Or more? Or less? And why?
Maybe this is common knowledge, but I cannot seem to find the answer in my
personal library. Maybe someone on the list might know or can give me
directions where to find the answer...
I hope the question is not too simple or something I should have known/could
have come up with myself, because then the fool-thing has already happened
again...

Thanks for any answers (even the smart remarks I expect),

Bert Dol
"Where the winds cannot reach, the tyrant's might was born"
Fysisch analist-2                                                   "And often
I look back, with tears in my eyes"
Innovation & Engineering Group                     "Grotesque glory, none would
ever see them fall"
Philips Semiconductors Stadskanaal           "Their hunts and wars, like
everlasting shadows"
The Netherlands
Phone:  0031 599 632380/632306
Fax:        0031 599 632514
Mobile:  0031 620 440978

'In the true knowing-knowledge there is nothing great and nothing nothing
small' -  Nietsche