Re: strange question

Dear Bert --

In answer to your question (copied below), I suggest *Animal Physiology*
by F. Reed Hainsworth, Addison-Wesley. ISBN:  0-201-03401-8.  My copy
has a 1981 copyright.  Not sure if there is a later edition.

This book is a classic -- and the author does a superb job of explaining
the variations in energy needs among all types of animals -- as well as
the compensation mechanisms each group of animals uses for these various
needs.  The book also includes extensive lists of scholarly credit
references and additional information references.

If you cannot find this book, contact me off list and I'll be glad to
give you some overview answers to any particular questions you may have.

Roberta M. Meehan, PhD