Re: WWD non-dino questions

In a message dated 4/18/00 9:47:22 AM EST, HPB1956@aol.com writes:

<< I suspect that Criorhynchus and Tropeognathus are the same thing - indeed
 this is likely to be published on shortly. In addition, I can show that
 Criorhynchus is the same thing as Ornithocheirus, though you will have to
 wait a bit longer for a publication on this. However, thats the reason why
 the big beastie in Walking With Dinosaurs is called Ornithocheirus and looks
 like Criorhynchus/Tropeognathus. >>

My understanding is that there's no designated type species for
Ornithocheirus, so you can do whatever you like with the genus. It has,
however, been a while since I scanned the literature and something new may
have turned up. Ornithocheirus is the worst systematics mess in all of
Archosauria.