Re: D-SHAPED TEETH

><<I found loads of unsorted theropod teeth. Virtually
>all were recurved, laterally compressed with rostral and caudal serrated
>carinae, much like those I have that are supposed to belong to
>_Allosaurus_. However, one of them was D-shaped in cross section.>>
>
>_Indosuchus_ has D-shaped premax teeth (though I suppose the Tendaguru is
>a little early to be looking for abelisaurs).

That's interesting... after all, Ceratosaurus shows a number of
abelisaur-grade plesiomorphies and abelisaurian synapomorphies, and
Elaphrosaurus shows some really abelisaur-like stuff too- for example that
big triangular ischial boot. So it seems possible that some sort of
proto-abelisaur was running around back then.

        Someone mentioned Proceratosaurus. I have seen one good
coelurosaurian feature in it- the inner bony rim of the antorbital fenestra
has been observed to be relatively small in more primitive theropods e.g.
allosaurus, coelophysoids, ceratosaurus. It is substantially longer in
coelurosaurs, taking up a full 40-50% of the AOF anteroposterior width;
this is the case in Proceratosaurus.