RE: Coati-mundi walking with dinos (humor)

> From: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu [mailto:owner-dinosaur@usc.edu]On Behalf Of
> Timothy Williams
>

> >The early mammals might have looked a little like a coati-mundi, but that
> >WAS a coati-mundi. Must have been saving on modelmaking or
> computer costs.
>
> In the "Making of WWD" I thought I saw a puppeteer's arm inside
> one of these
> mammals.  It must have been rather uncomfortable for the
> puppeteer (not to
> mention the poor coati).  I hope nobody from PETA was watching!

The puppets you saw were the _Didelphodon_ puppets from the Late Cretaceous
segment.  The coati shows up in the Antarctica/Australia section (where it
gets bapped in the face with debris).

                Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
                Vertebrate Paleontologist
                College Park, MD  20742