[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Subject Index][Author Index]
FW: paleonet Apatosaurus
The following from the paleonet listserv. Please reply directly to Charles
Vertebrate Notes at
From: Charles Powell [SMTP:email@example.com]
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2000 2:46 PM
Subject: paleonet Apatosaurus
I've been given a few questions from the USGS's Ask-a-geologists service
and they are beyond my abilities as a molluscan paleontologists. If anyone
can help me with these questions I'd appreciate it. Please e-mail me
1. I have read that Apatosaurus could reach lengths of 69 feet, but how
big were its footprints?
2. Did Apatosaurus make a sound (growl, hiss, roar)?
3. I have read that Apatosaurus would lay a dozen eggs at a time. Did
they only lay a dozen in a nest per year, or would they have several
4. How many of the young Apatosaurus would survive?
5. How many years before a baby Apatosaurus would become full grown?
6. Overall, how many types of Saurapods existed?
Charles L. Powell, II Phone: 650-329-4985
Western Regional Mapping Team, MS 975 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
U. S. Geological Survey
345 Middlefield Road
Menlo Park, CA 94025
USGS - Science for a Changing World