RE: WWD AND FEATHERS

Boy, could I write a lot about this, and probably so could most anyone who
has spent a lot of time in industry (business).  Dilbert is my favorite
comic strip for the same reason.  Boy, have I been there!

In the final analysis, this production was a business venture.  When the
budget runs out, and you're nearing final production, with your job and
career in the balance, and your boss doesn't know a dinosuar from a
procyonid, you bluff and go with what you've managed to put together, then
hope you can move up to a better job in another company on the strength of
the good points in your project before anybody finds out about the bad ones.

May I share your cubicle, Dilbert?

And apologies to everyone who is in business.  Of course, most of us had
(have) a conscience and tried to do it right.  But there were just enough
people there to make sure everything is done to maximize the financial
return for investors.  Those people were the ones who got the promotions.
Costwise, they did "more with less" (the mantra of the 80's and 90's), and
you certainly don't do something all over again over points that 99.9% of
the buyers won't notice.

Please let's not get into an off-subject debate on business ethics, but the
question was asked.  I'll entertain discussion off list.

Norm King