Re: MARGINOCEPHALIANS and Triassic times

In a message dated 4/20/00 2:01:31 AM EST, dinogami@hotmail.com writes:

<< Unless something appeared under my radar, I think the only reference to
 this was a talk Chatterjee gave at the Chicago SVP meeting, in which one of
 his slides listed the fauna from the Late Triassic of India; at the bottom
 of the slide was a mention of new pachycephalosaur material (I don't recall
 it specifically stating "domes"), and there was a murmur of "Huh?" through
 the audience.  ;-D  Hey, Triassic birds, why not Triassic pachycephalosaurs?
   I guess all those people out there looking in Middle Triassic sediments
 are just missing all the true _dinosaur_ fossils...  >>

I've seen one of the domes, and so has Mark Goodwin. His comment was that if
it had been found in Late Cretaceous deposits, he would unhesitatingly refer
it to Pachycephalosauria.