Re: Dinosaur heart found?

The Science embargo expired 2 p.m. today (Thursday); it's in the 21 April issue. Dale Russell has the fossil, and it's on display at the museum at North Carolina State Unviersity in Raleigh. The web site http://www.dinoheart.org/ is up and open to all comers.

This is neat stuff. I have an article coming out in next week's New Scientist (we come out too early in London to get it into this week's issue). The heart shows a single aorta, like birds but unlike the dual aortas of modern crocodiles, consistent with the belief that dinosaurs were active animals.
Jeff Hecht Boston Correspondent New Scientist magazine
525 Auburn St., Auburndale, MA 02466 USA
V 617-965-3834 F 617-332-4760 e-mail jhecht@world.std.com
Press releases to: jeff.hecht@sff.net
see New Scientist on the Web: http://www.newscientist.com/