Re: MARGINOCEPHALIANS and Triassic times

At 12:41 PM 4/20/00 -0500, spockjr wrote:
By the same reasoning, Protoavis has features that
are present only in birds (and there is a fair amount of it)

At least from the one paper by Chatterjee I have read on it, this is not quite true. What was repeatedly said was that some feature was found only in birds *and* *crocodilians*. From this I concluded it was more likely to be a pre-crocodilian than an early avian.