Re: Dinosaur heart found?

In a message dated 4/20/2000 1:42:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

> High activity
>  level follows from perfect blood aeration (and separation of low-pressure
>  pulmonary circulation from high-pressure systemic circulation), but
>  endothermy (mentioned in other posts) is not necessary for high activity
>  level.

I realize this is a dead horse that has been well and truly pulverized in the
past, but how do we know this?  We don't *know* of any deterministic
connection between perfect blood aeration and endothermy, but without any
examples of a fully segregated circulatory system in a living ectotherm, we
cannot prove that they are unrelated.

Also (Greg Paul, I'm talking to you, wherever you are), I'd like to know what
the sternal ribs and uncinate processes say about this animal's respiratory
system.

Nick Pharris