Re: Dinosaur heart found?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000 19:35:42   T. Mike Keesey wrote:
>Got a point there. Why would the heart and some cartilaginous structures
>be the only non-osteological material preserved?

Yeah, Sereno also made a good point in another article I read (possibly the NY
Times one).  He brought attention to the fact that the sediments in NW South
Dakota aren't necessarily known for their detailed soft tissue preservation.

And, yeah, Dr. Brochu in the Fox News report questioned why only the heart
would be preserved.  Russell or one of the other authors mentioned something
about bacteria, but why would this bacteria only target the heart?

Steve
http://www.geocities.com/stegob/dinoheart.html

Send FREE April Fool's Greetings to your friends!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/American_Greetings.rdct