Re: N.C. Museum of Natural Sciences

In a message dated 4/22/00 5:49:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
DINOBOY@worldnet.att.net writes:

>  A couple of weeks ago our Museum of Natural Sciences had its' grand opening
>  . It was a continuous 24 hour long affair with events taking place inside
>  and outside of the Museum . Unfortunately there was so many people in line
>  to enter , that I couldn't get inside in the time I was there .

I was told that 28,000 people passed through the dinosaur hall during the
opening.  "If you build it, they will come."

>  And then there was Willo , the much-talked-about Thescelosaurus with a
>  heart . The exhibit has the remains (cast) in situ, and from what I could
>  see , the preservation was excellent . As for the heart , well , there was
>  a rust-colored mass in the appropriate place.
One of my Canadian friends said that, according to an interview with Dale
Russell, not one of the above visitors asked about the mass which was
"in the appropriate place."

Mary
mkirkaldy@aol.com