Any studies on the suspected protofeathers of sinosauropteryx?

Dear all,

I would be interested to know if any research has yet been done on the nature
of the suspected protofeathers surrounding the fossilized remains of
sinosauropteryx. I have read that Philip Currie has demonstrated the hollowness
of these structures, and Kevin Padian has written that doubts about the
featherness of them can be put to rest, but I have failed to find anything more
detailed. I would be grateful of any information and/or references.
----
Soittoäänet ja ikonit matkapuhelimeen!  http://www.iobox.fi/