Re: Brachiosaurus

At 08:51 PM 4/21/00 -0700, you wrote:
>my contract a year and a half from now, there will be well over a
>    With that being said, As far as I know, unless there's a second western
>Paleo that I'm unaware of, we are not working on any Brachiosaur material.
>BYU has some material, but the only thing that Western is currently doing
>that is making the paleo community drool is the prepping and discribing of a
>75 percent complete Juvenile Ceratosaurus with a complete skull. Jim
>Madsen's outfit Dinolab, out of S.L.C.,  is doing some sort of full sized
>Supersaurus composite skeleton for the museum project, but that's just one
>more spoke on a gigantic wheel.
>    In case any one would like to know, the museums first opening is July
>first, this year, with the grand opening a year from then.

According to the new release of Marsh's Dinosaurs (what an incredible book,
I must say), Parker of WPL found a seven metre neck (vert's 2-12) in 1996.
The neck was near a Camptosaurus skeleton, a Diplodocus skeleton, and near
a pterosaur skull.  This piece was written by Clifford A. Miles and David
W. Hamblin.  Did the neck turn out to be something else?

Darryl Jones  <dinoguy@interlog.com>
                     <dinoguy@netscape.com>
For information on tyrannosaurids and
visit my webpage at: