Re: MARGINOCEPHALIANS and Triassic times

On Thu, 20 Apr 2000, Mickey Mortimer wrote:

> Jonathan Weinbaum wrote-
>
> > and Shuvosaurus' skull looks exactly like an ornithomimid
> > and not a Poposaurid.
>
> Actually, Rauhut did a study of Shuvosaurus for his examination of
> ceratosaur phylogeny and found that it has many theropod characters, lacks
> crurotarsan characters, and shares several synapomorphies with coelophysids,
> which it should currantly be classified with.

He goes further than that, apparently the holotype skull is juvenile. An
adult Shuvo premax was found in the same quarry that yeilded
Gojirasaurus. Ollie Rauhut suggests we might be looking at the head and
body of the same organism. I'd like to think so.

cheers

Adam Yates