Re: Brachiosaurus

> According to the new release of Marsh's Dinosaurs (what an incredible book,
> I must say), Parker of WPL found a seven metre neck (vert's 2-12) in 1996.
> The neck was near a Camptosaurus skeleton, a Diplodocus skeleton, and near
> a pterosaur skull.  This piece was written by Clifford A. Miles and David
> W. Hamblin.  Did the neck turn out to be something else?

I first heard about the (presumed) juvenile Brachiosaurus neck in 1997,
at the SVP meeting in Chicago.  I called out to Western Paleo that
November, to talk about possibly coming out and seeing the specimen, but
that trip never came together.  If anyone has any info on where the
specimen is now, I'd be much obliged.

Matt Wedel
Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
2401 Chautauqua Ave.