Dinosaur Genera List corrections #137

A number of new genera and species have recently appeared in faunal lists in
Chinese publications. As far as I know, these are all still nomina nuda with
unpublished descriptions. It is likely that the taxa are described in
dissertations, and of course there is always the possibility that the
relevant papers are not widely distributed outside China. The following
citations are incomplete and for now all that I have to work from:

Li Kui, Zhang Yuguang & Cai Kaiji, 1999. The Characteristics of the
Composition of the Trace Elements in Jurassic Dinosaur Bones and Red Beds in
Sichuan Basin, Geological Publishing House, Beijing: pp. not yet available
[in Chinese with English summary]. ISBN 7-116-02875-7.

This booklet, which advances the thesis that some dinosaurs died because of
chemical poisoning, based on the abundance of toxic trace elements in their
fossils, includes the following taxa that are new to me, in the English
summary:

Bashunosaurus kaijangensis Kuang, 1996 vide Li, Zhang & Cai, 1999 [nomen nudum
]
Chialingosaurus guangyuanensis Li, Zhang & Cai, 1999 [nomen nudum]
Yangchuanosaurus longqiaoensis Li, Zhang & Cai, 1999 [nomen nudum]
Zizhongosaurus huangshibanensis Li vide Li, Zhang & Cai, 1999 [nomen nudum]

Also included is the information that Gigantospinosaurus [sic] sichuanensis
is based on a relatively complete stegosaur skeleton excavated by the Zigong
Dinosaur Museum in 1985 and it is under study by Ouyang; and that Bashunosauru
s (noted above) is a camarsaurid sauropod. Information about other Chinese
dinosaur taxa is provided in a historical synopsis, but all are already
fairly well known outside China. Some names have misspellings new to me.
Perhaps Gigantospinosaurus is described in the 1986 Ouyang dissertation that
features Abrosaurus (see DGL corrections #121 and 122), but so far I have it
only as a nomen nudum under the spelling Gigantspinosaurus.

Liu Junying & Pang Qiqing, 1999. "Charophyte flora from Late Cretaceous in
Tianzhen, Shanxi Province and Yangyuan, Hebei Province," Professional Papers
of Stratigraphy and Palaeontology 27: pp. not available [in Chinese with
English summary]. ISBN 7-116-02834-X.

This paper, which does not otherwise deal with dinosaurs, notes in a faunal
list the Campanian dinosaur Huabeisaurus allocata, genus and species new to
me. Masahiro Tanimoto believes it is a nemegtosaurid sauropod.

The above material was kindly provided by Masahiro Tanimoto. From Australia,
Ralph Molnar writes of another new taxon in a Portuguese publication, in a
review of Asiatic sauropods by Dong Zhiming:

Mamenchisaurus yaochinensis He et al., 1996 vide Dong, 1999 [nomen nudum]

The paper is in the I Encontro Internacional Sobre Paleobiologia dos
Dinossaurios Programa de Musealizacao para Pistas de Dinossaurios em Portugal,
 and the taxon is on p. 82. More information than this I do not yet have.

Accordingly, we add as genera #881 and 882:

Bashunosaurus Kuang, 1996 vide Li, Zhang & Cai, 1999 [nomen nudum]
Huabeisaurus Liu & Pang, 1999 [nomen nudum]

And we also add the various new species nomina nuda to the list of Asiatic
dinosaur species.

If anybody has information on any of these taxa, particularly citations to
proper descriptions of them (so that the [nomen nudum] designation may be
lifted from them), please advise.