Marsh & Cope history

Hi there:

Does anyone recall the circumstances surrounding a scientific paper which was
written & quite possibly published by Edward D. Cope concerning a fossil
which Marsh's field team had left behind for Cope (or his collectors) to
discover?  I believe the Marsh team mixed the skull and teeth of two entirely
separate animals.

What was the paper Cope wrote, and what were the fossils in question?

Thanks for any leads you can provide.  My memory can't seem to pry this
information from within.

Allen