Thescelosaurus skin

I checked the lists' archives, and no one's really discussed the old skin imprints that looked a bit like a plucked chicken. In light of this whole thing with the Thescelosaur heart and the possibility of warm-bloodedness, what does everyone think of feathering in small ornithopods? I never figured out how, if the skin was at one time feathered, it would loose them all so just the bare skin would fossilize.

M. Nalasco