Re: Thescelosaurus skin

Most exposed dead seagulls I've seen rot the flesh long before the
feathers rot off or fall off and blow away.

Perhaps the bald spot is just that- a moulting animal that had no
feathers at that spot at the time of impression.

If there is no evidence of scutes or scales present it would suggest
that the skin type was similar enough to bird's unfeathered skin to be
plausible.

-Betty Cunningham