Re: Air sacs in extant non-avian reptiles?

At 11:19 PM 31/07/00 -0400, ELurio@aol.com wrote:
The people here tend to forget why the linnean system worked so well in the
first place. The classes were soooooo different from each other that had to
be seperated.
You're really that thick, aren't you....

Ignoring the insult, has it occurred to you that our state of knowledge has improved somewhat since Linnaeus' day? Not only did Linnaeus know nothing about evolution (he believed that species were immutable and was apparently quite upset when a student brought him a sport individual of a plant), fossils were practically unknown in his day.

Today the classes are not soooo different from each other any more. You have, I trust, heard of Archaeopteryx, or example?

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court