Re: Air sacs in extant non-avian reptiles?

A professional would use neither the term 'bird' nor 'reptile' in a
peer-reviewed publication.  Not a good professional, at least.

Both are common names that easily lead to confusion such as yours.

Since you are (apparently) an advocate of Linnean taxonomy, why not use
good old Binomial Nomenclature like the rest of the Linnean and
Cladistic taxonomists do, and not confusion-inducing common names?

Perhaps you could restate your question?

-Betty Cunningham

ELurio@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 7/31/00 5:46:12 PM, bettyc@flyinggoat.com writes:
>
> << In addition to 'most' paleontologists, 'most' ornthologists agree that
> there is a very strong arguement for the origin for birds having arisen
> from dinosaurs. >>
>
> Okay, can you tell me ONE professional ornthologist who belives that birds
> are currently reptiles? Not aknowleging the possibility of dinosaur ancestry,
> but currently having the same characteristics as lizards, snakes and turtles.
>
> eric l.

is NOW OFFICIALLY ONLINE at:

http://www.paleonews.org

         --------------
   *** AND ALSO ANNOUNCING  ***

Original PALEONEWS list subscribers will
need to electronically RE-SUBSCRIBE as I will
be shutting down the OLD method of handling
PALEONEWS distribution as of
------- September 1st, 2000.

Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com/