Re: Air sacs in extant non-avian reptiles?

In a message dated 08/01200/00 ELurio@aol.com wrote:

<< The people here tend to forget why the linnean system worked so well in
the
first place. The classes were soooooo different from each other that had to
be seperated. >>

What about the "fuzzy edges" of linnean classes? The more fossils we know
about the more fossils we have with characters of two classes. Take e.g. a
look at Archaeopteryx. Is it a bird (e.g. feathers) or is it a dinosaur (e.g.
teeth and tail ).

Cheers

Heinz Peter Bredow