Kansas in the news again.....

All,
Thought I would mention that 3 out of 4 of the incumbents for the Kansas
Bored.... ah, Board of Education were defeated in yesterday's primary
elections .... for the most part, I think, over the issue of their stand
on teaching of evolution in the public schools.

"The results could lead to the reversal of the board's 6-4 decision last
August to leave evolution and other widely accepted concepts out of the
state's science standards." (Wichita Eagle)

< http://www.wichitaeagle.com/news/elections/docs/boe0802web_txt.htm >

Certainly a more positive note than the stories from a year ago.

Cheers,

Mike Everhart
Oceans of Kansas Paleontology
< http://www.oceansofkansas.com >