Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #145

is there a pronunciation guide for _a'naensis_?

I make _Chianjiesaurus_ out to:
she-on-jee-eh-sahr-us

I make _Huabeisaurus_ out to:
hoo-wa-bee-eh-sahr-us

Are these close to correct? or are bei and jei pronounced more like
'eye'

-Betty

Dinogeorge@aol.com wrote:
> "Huabeisaurus allocotus by Pang and Cheng (2000).
> It belongs to a new family Huabeisauridae.
> Late Cretaceous probably Campanian.
>
> "Chuanjiesaurus a'naensis by Fang, Pang, Lu, Zhang, Pan, Wang, Li and Cheng
> (2000).
> Eight authors! The description is only one part of the paper on the
> stratigraphy  of Jurassic Lufeng.
> Cetiosauridae.
> Middle Jurassic. A'na, Chuanjie, Lufeng, Yunnan Province."
>
> (Note that according to the ICZN the species name must not have an apostrophe
> in it, so the species should be written Chuanjiesaurus anaensis.)

is NOW OFFICIALLY ONLINE at:
    http://www.paleonews.org
         --------------
   *** AND ALSO ANNOUNCING  ***
        --------------
Original PALEONEWS list subscribers will
need to electronically RE-SUBSCRIBE as I will
be shutting down the OLD method of handling
PALEONEWS distribution as of
------- September 1st, 2000

If you're not subscribed, you don't get PALEONEWS

Flying Goat Graphics
http://www.flyinggoat.com/
Captivation Digital Labs
http://www.captivation.com/