Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #145

In Mandarin Chinese, the pronunciation for "jie" would be

gee-eh  (eh with a short e, NOT pronounced in the British manner "ay")

The pronunciation for Chuan is close enough... it's sort of like "Chew On"
but slid together a bit more.

HuaBei is prononounced

Chwah Bay

The "ch" is like the gutteral German "ch"

The phrase probably means "flower of the north,"  but I don't know the tones
so it's a bit hard to tell.

Hope that helps.

ES

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day.
Member of The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer