Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #145

Dinogeorge@aol.com writes:

> "Huabeisaurus allocotus by Pang and Cheng (2000).
>  It belongs to a new family Huabeisauridae.
>  Late Cretaceous probably Campanian.

I had been under the impression that the species name was "allocatus", Latin
for "placed near", which was most puzzling.

I see now from my dictionary that "allocotus" is a Latinized version of
"allokotos", which is Greek for "of unusual form, strange, monstrous".  Much
better!

Nick P.