Re: Dinosaur Genera List corrections #145

Pinyin as a romanization system NEVER uses apostrophes.

The apostrophe (for Mandarin) is used by the Wade-Giles and Karlgren
romanization
schemes.

For Cantonese, it's used also by Yale and another system the name of which
escapes me at the moment.

I would assume from the spellings that these names originated in the North of
China, that they are Mandarin (Guo Yu) and that they are intended to be PINYIN
spellings.

--
AOL IM Pager - DinoEditor

Central
Recommended by The National Education Association,Encyclopedia Britannica
Internet Guide, Yahoo and Yahooligans Choice, Netscape Site of the Day. Member
of
The Paleo Ring

A prequel to Teefr by Edward Summer