Re: The Steppe Mammoth was certainly not a dinosaur

At 10:12 AM 07/08/00 -0700, Larry Dunn wrote:
Sorry to go off-topic, but have specimens of Mammuthus
trogontherii, the great big "Steppe Mammoth," been
found in ice with the same degree of preservation as
Woolly Mammoths?  (Have they been found in ice at all?

Strictly speaking, I do not think any mammoths have been found in "ice" as opposed to permafrost, which is frozen soil.

--
Ronald I. Orenstein Phone: (905) 820-7886
1825 Shady Creek Court