Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 14:55:40 -0500
Subject: RE: "Sudden End for Dinosaurs?"
To: owner-dinosaur@usc.edu
From: sheehan <sheehan@mpm.edu>

Thomas R. Holz, Jr. wrote:

> H.P. Mary Kirkaldy wrote
>
>> BBC on-line has a story about the Peter Sheehan Geology paper:
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_863000/863320.stm
>
> The reference to a Sheehan paper on dinosaur extinction "published
> in the journal Geology" is either from one of his older papers or a
> forthcoming one.

The paper was published in June:

Dinosaur abundance was not declining in a "3 m gap" at the top of the
              Hell Creek Formation, Montana and North Dakota
              Peter M. Sheehan, David E. Fastovsky, Claudia Barreto,
              Raymond G. Hoffmann  Geology (v. 28, p. 523-526).

The paper can be downloaded from the GSA site (no. 523)  at:

http://www.geosociety.org/pubs/geology/0600geo.htm