Re: Rock'n'roll !

In a message dated 8/9/00 10:08:32 AM, kinman@hotmail.com writes:

<< Tony,
    If you ask a strict cladist, he (or she) will probably answer that there
are still dinosaurs living----namely  birds.
     Many of the rest of us would say that birds are "dinosaur descendants",
but that we choose not to call them dinosaurs.
     I sometimes get criticized for using the following analogy, but here
goes.  I have French ancestors, but I do not consider myself a Frenchman (I
am American).  You could classify my French immigrant ancestor as either
French or American (being transitional), it's really arbitrary, but we all
make arbitrary cuts for classificatory purposes. >>

How come when I said pretty much the same thing I got slammed six ways to
sunday and got kicked off temporarily for "flaming?"

BTW. I'm back. Hope you missed me.

eric l.