Re: Mystery: Who was John Moore?

Steve,
My best guess would be John B. Moore, a prominent law professor of Columbia University (retired 1924). He died in New York City in 1947. I would recommend trying to find out if this John B. Moore had any relatives or colleagues named Margaret J. Frazier (perhaps the married name of his daughter or granddaughter??).
My 2 cents worth, Ken Kinman

From: "Steve  Brusatte" <dinoland@lycos.com>
To: ptnorton@email.msn.com, dinosaur@usc.edu
Subject: Re: Mystery: Who was John Moore?
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2000 20:25:15 -0500

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:52:34
Patrick Norton wrote:
>A Very interesting story! I've checked out a few of the better genealogy
>pages on the web for a John Moore, but got so many hits in the 1850-1950
>time frame it wasn't much help. If you figure it out, it would make a great
>little story!
>
>Good luck.
>
>PTN

Well, the only information on a paleontologist named John Moore was on DinosaurWeb's "Who's Who" page.

Here is the link:  http://www.dinosaurweb.com/whoswho.htm

The man listed is John D. Moore. I haven't heard of him, and have no idea about what time period he may have lived in. He is my best guess so far.

There is also a John A. Moore that has written several science books, but most of them came in the 1950's-80's. Osborn died in 1935, and signed the book in 1924, so that is unlikely.

Steve