Re: Mystery: Who was John Moore?

On Sun, 13 Aug 2000 18:52:34
 Patrick Norton wrote:
>A Very interesting story! I've checked out a few of the better genealogy
>pages on the web for a John Moore, but got so many hits in the 1850-1950
>time frame it wasn't much help. If you figure it out, it would make a great
>little story!
>
>Good luck.
>
>PTN

Well, the only information on a paleontologist named John Moore was on
DinosaurWeb's "Who's Who" page.

Here is the link:  http://www.dinosaurweb.com/whoswho.htm

The man listed is John D. Moore.  I haven't heard of him, and have no idea
about what time period he may have lived in.  He is my best guess so far.

There is also a John A. Moore that has written several science books, but most
of them came in the 1950's-80's.  Osborn died in 1935, and signed the book in
1924, so that is unlikely.

Steve