Re: Two books

On Sat, 12 Aug 2000 13:24:40
 Dinogeorge wrote:
>In a message dated 8/12/00 10:02:27 AM EST, zenlizard@juno.com writes:
>
><< Natural Science Book Club is offering me two paleo-related books this
> time arouund.  I'm wondering if any listers have read theese, and if so,
> are they worthwile buying?  The books are:
> The First Fossil Hunteres:  Paleontology in Greek and Roman Times, by
> Adrienne Mayor.
> The Ultimate Dinosaur, edited by Robert Silverberg. >>

The First Fossil Hunters has been my hands down favorite for the best paleo
book released this year.  I was lucky enough to get to see an advanced copy in
March so I could complete a review for Dinosaur World, and I was stunned at the
tedious research conducted by Mayor.

The book reveals a great deal about how paleontology crossed the path of the
Greeks and Romans so often in antiquity.  An excellent read, and when you
finished you'll be amazed at just how much the Greeks and Romans knew-and
studied about, paleontology.  Forget Robert Plot, William Buckland, and Gideon
Mantell....

Steve

---
Steve Brusatte-DINO LAND PALEONTOLOGY
SITE: http://www.geocities.com/stegob

Send your favorite photo with any online greeting!
http://www.whowhere.lycos.com/redirects/americangreetings.rdct