Re: Phylogeny vs. taxonomy, and the Fightin' Dinos exhibit at AMNH (was RE: Rock'n'roll !)

Elurio wrote:

>The $15 (entrance fee for the fighting dino exhibit) is merely a "suggested
donation" If you don't have the money, don't pay it. Give five or ten or
even one. It'll get you in.<

Having been to the fighting dinosaur exhibit at the AMNH and many other
special exhibits at the museum, I can say that the $15 fee, although very
reasonable in my opinion, is not a suggested donation. It is mandatory. If
you are only going to the museum, there are signs suggesting a donation of
$6 be paid in exchange for admission to the museum.  However, special
exhibits such as the fighting dinosaurs carry a mandatory entrance fee, as
they should.  Payment of the fee to the special exhibit includes admission
at no additional donation to the entire museum.

All in all, a remarkable deal.

PTN