Re: Need help doing phylogenetic analyses

Hi everyone.  This is directed to those of you who use PAUP to perform
phylogenetic analyses.  I do as well, but since I have a new beta version, I
don't have a manual yet.  I can perform analyses just fine, but I need to
know how to find out which characters support which clade in the trees that
are generated.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

Mickey Mortimer

Assuming that I've interpreted the question right, I'd suggest MacClade, if you don't have it already; you'll be able to map the fit of each character to the tree, and see the synapomorphies supporting each node. If this is useful, I'll dig up the way to get hold of it, and post that as well.

Rich

Rich Grenyer

Mammalian Evolution and Conservation
Biology Department