new prehistoric reptile found

    In Brazil, more specifically in the city of Santa Maria, state of Rio Grande do Sul, the UFSM's paleontologists have found very recently a probable new species of Thecodontian (?) reptile. Like the TV news have said, it could have had bone nodules in its body, like an armor. But since the television announced, I've some reserves about this news. I hope it's all correct, so it'll be a new species to be added to Santa Maria's formation's reptiles representatives.

Marcel Bertolucci
( mbertol@zaz.com.br )