Re: New Iguanodontid

On Wed, 16 Aug 2000, Mickey Mortimer wrote:

>   I have an entry for a hadrosaurid named Nanyoungosaurus from the
> Late Cretaceous of China, which is in all probability the same
> specimen.  Anyone have more information related to when and where this
> name first appeared?

Someone reported it to me a while as a museum label(?) for a hadrosaurid.
I had it on my site briefly, but took it down when it seemed that the name
had never been published.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if this were the same thing as
_Nanyangosaurus_, given the 'Chaoyoungosaurus' --> _Chaoyangsaurus_ name
change. Does this reflect a newer form of romanization? (And why not
Nanyangsaurus [or Chayangosaurus]?)

T. Michael Keesey.........<tmk@dinosauricon.com>.........<keesey@bigfoot.com>
AIM <Ric Blayze>..............ICQ <77314901>...........Yahoo!M <Mighty Odinn>
Home Page (includes The Dinosauricon)........<http://dinosauricon.com/keesey>