Avian Feet

  The mechanics of the avian pes are of a wondorous
and complex design. As a result, they are not
prominently described in popular or
fairly-easily-to-get-a-hold-of texts or journals, such
as some institutional journals or bulletins. So I felt
it might be easiest, though I have some references I
need to put in for in _Auk_ (local), others in
_Condor_ or _Emu_ or _Smith. Contr. Paleo._ or _J.
Morph._ are not so easy, that I coul beseach the list
in acquiring a list of papers describing the oseous
and soft-tissue anatomy regarding the development of
"dactyly" in birds, especially the various forms of
digit rotation (pamprodactyly, ectropodactyly) or just
plain zygodactyly.

  Thanks in advance,

=====
Jaime "James" A. Headden